'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Exiss Trailer
[Frozen]

Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Now viewing page 6 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-04-08 8:04 AM
175 replies, 26645 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh Frozen
Message format

Msmissy
Reg. Apr 2007
Posted 2007-04-04 8:15 PM (#58528 - in reply to #58044)
Subject: RE: Exiss Trailer

You are right...I'm not a Exis owner BECAUSE of what several of my friends have been thru with theirs!!!  The bashing comes from Universal FAILING to recognize that there is a SERIOUS structural flaw in their trailers..one friend has NUMEROUS different problems with hers...everytime she uses the damn thing it has to go back for repairs..shes actually afraid to go down the road with it after the latest incident!  Perhaps TJ or Exiss would like to address HER in a open letter in this forum but I highly doubt that will happen.  She has Rodney and TJ on speed dial as it is.  Exiss states its the best aluminum trailer being built??  Surely they jest!!

Edited by Msmissy 2007-04-04 8:39 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hdcapps
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2007-04-04 8:23 PM (#58532 - in reply to #58519)

Originally written by Reg on 2007-04-04 8:15 PM

Anyway, I'm more interested in solutions than bashings and retributions. Who's up for a "better" roof design ? What do those honeycomb materials weigh & co$t, say in 1 inch thick sheet ? Would that dissipate these sorts of impacts ? or at least minimize injury and damage ?

Hi Reg

I'm game - would you like to start a new thread for this purpose?  I think some good could really come of it.  I've learned quite a bit and would like to learn more.

MARIE
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2007-04-05 9:10 AM (#58558 - in reply to #58044)

New User

I don't want to really get involed with this but I personally think that you don't need to bring peoples names into this you will find out that the Warranty department at Universal Trailers really work hard to try to make everyone satisfied. But as we all know sometimes you can not make everyone happy.
Msmissy
Reg. Apr 2007
Posted 2007-04-05 9:46 AM (#58559 - in reply to #58044)

Who said anything about them not working hard???  They are...but at this point the woman is on her second(2) NEW trailer from them and now she just wants her money back and expenses so she can go buy another trailer.  The dealer she bought it from are no longer selling Exiss trailers....hmmmmmmm go figure
trottypants
Reg. Apr 2007
Posted 2007-04-05 10:13 AM (#58562 - in reply to #58559)

Who said anything about them not working hard???  They are...but at this point the woman is on her second(2) NEW trailer from them and now she just wants her money back and expenses so she can go buy another trailer.  The dealer she bought it from are no longer selling Exiss

FYI - get your facts straight, it wasn't even HER trailer. She was borrowing it, wrecked it, and is now blaming it on the manufacturer.

Msmissy
Reg. Apr 2007
Posted 2007-04-05 10:34 AM (#58564 - in reply to #58044)

You dope  lol   get your facts straight..I'am not talking about the OP..it's another Exiss customer I'm talking about and I know of several others with problems...jeez I hope YOU don't work for Exiss but then again I wouldn't be surprised.
retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2007-04-05 11:00 AM (#58565 - in reply to #58044)

Expert

I came in for lunch and you guys and gals are still whining and bickering over this horse that poked it's head through the Exiss roof. I've seen the day when I could have poked my fist through the roof of one. It's an aluminum skin, had it been meant to be a horse restraint, I believe that Exiss would have used the same material as they use for their floors........Along with rubber mats. If you don't have money to buy your own trailer and have to borrow one to haul your horse, then you probably don't have the money to pay to have it fixed.........So why not try to blame the Mfg. for an inferior product. That's what's wrong with society today, people won't stand up and take the blame for their screw-up's and then make it right themselves. If you all have horses like I think you do, then shut down the computer and go out and work them, pick out their stalls, move some hay, clean your tack. If you don't, the next time they don't win in the show ring, you'll want to blame it on this thread, rather than on yourself for being lazy, sitting around, stirring someones pot!

I'm outa here!   Retento

tacklam
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2007-04-05 7:35 PM (#58619 - in reply to #58044)

For what it's worth, I had an '05 Exiss 407 EQ Sport that gave me absolutely no problems. My daugther's horse reared up in the trailer and hit it's head - no damage to the horse or trailer in any manner. Took a while to get the horse back into the trailer on the next trip, but that's another story. I ended up having a Platinum custom built for various reasons, however, I think that the Exiss was fine.
Haflingers4Me
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2007-04-06 11:37 PM (#58696 - in reply to #58565)

Amen Retento!
Haflingers4Me
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2007-04-07 12:02 AM (#58697 - in reply to #58422)

Originally written by Msmissy on 2007-04-03 7:04 PM

It's not just the Sport model having problems..it's any trailer made by Universal...the dealer I just bought my Trailet from stopped selling them due to very high customer dissatisfaction..the plain and simple truth is the trailers SUCK..I have a friend who is meeting with a lawyer next week because of all the problems with her Exiss...wants her money back and rightfully so.  Word to the wise...get a competent mechanic to make sure that you have clearance between the wheels and the fenders so you don't have multiple blowouts and/or horrific accident..(trust me on this)...the trailers have significant structural flaws..or just do what Universal is probably telling the OP to do for her roof problem..get a giant roll of Reynolds Wrap(not the heavy duty kind) and re=wrap your roof..dont forget to tape the edges cause it is made to keep water out not horses in!!!  Not a troll here, just stating the facts painful as that might be for Rodney and TJ...run screaming frm Universal Trailers...y'all have a nice day now!!!

Word to the wise- Read your warranty before you sign and buy your trailer, truck, electronic equipment, appliances, etc. By signing on the dotted line, and/or making your purchase, you agree to the "terms and conditions set forth".  There are other avenues to take if you have a legitimate complaint (as stated by me before) ie: BBB or the AG.

I feel badly for the owners of the Universal brands because all their own trailers that "SUCK". Perhaps you could be the mouthpiece for every one and organize a class action lawsuit. Sarcasm intended here, after all I am the owner/operator and sponsor of said company. No snake in the grass here.

Have a good night y'all.

Msmissy
Reg. Apr 2007
Posted 2007-04-07 12:35 AM (#58698 - in reply to #58044)

Other avenues ARE being persued...TRUST ME ON THIS ONE.  I think it's called the lemon law if I'm not mistaken...rivets too short, doors not shutting, ramps falling off, peak leaking, tires not heavy duty enough for trailer and too wide causing multiple blowouts..shall I go on???????  Not just one BRAND NEW trailer but TWO..YUP ON NUMBER TWO!!!!!  First one is being used as a "loaner" for other people to use while theirs is being fixed.

ImaTeamRoper
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2007-04-07 8:43 AM (#58707 - in reply to #58698)

New User

Originally written by Msmissy on 2007-04-07 12:35 AM

Other avenues ARE being persued...TRUST ME ON THIS ONE. I think it's called the lemon law if I'm not mistaken...rivets too short, doors not shutting, ramps falling off, peak leaking, tires not heavy duty enough for trailer and too wide causing multiple blowouts..shall I go on??????? Not just one BRAND NEW trailer but TWO..YUP ON NUMBER TWO!!!!! First one is being used as a "loaner" for other people to use while theirs is being fixed.

What's going with this thread??????

First it was hdcapps whining about the damage HER horse did to an Exiss trailer that she BORROWED. She's mad because neither the dealer or Exiss/UTC will repair...replace....redesign the trailer like she wants. Get over it!! You borrowed a trailer and it was damaged by your horse. You are responsible for repairing it. No one wants to take responsibility for anything any more. It's always someone else fault. Jeez!!

Now we have Msmissy joining the fray. Another basher without a dog in the fight. My grandmomma always told me...If you can't say something nice about someone keep your mouth shut. Pretty good advice from a wise old woman. You would be wise to heed it too Msmissy. Running off at the mouth about things that you are directly involved in can come back to haunt you in court. If your friends have a problem I hope they are getting it worked out with Exiss. I don't know about the others here, but I joined to ask the occasional question and learn from other people's experiences, not to listen to 2nd and 3rd hand whining.

Edited by ImaTeamRoper 2007-04-07 8:59 AM
Msmissy
Reg. Apr 2007
Posted 2007-04-07 10:20 AM (#58712 - in reply to #58044)

I DO have first hand knowledge of whats been happening as I was standing there when they loaded 4 horses on a 6 horse BRAND NEW trailerm never used yet and the trailer bent (bent or whatever) and they could not shut the doors..mind you this was in Jan. with horses clipped to go to Fla.  that was the FIRST trailer...and I've been there to see the rivets coming out of ramp etc...so yea I do have first hand knowledge of whats going on...dealer she bought it from is no longer involved as they are not selling Exiss anymore.  The poor woman just wants her money back.  She was posting on this foum but she was banned frm posting anymore.....hmmmmmm wonder why that is???????

Edited by Msmissy 2007-04-07 10:25 AM
hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2007-04-07 11:21 AM (#58716 - in reply to #58712)

Expert

Originally written by Msmissy on 2007-04-07 9:20 AM

I DO have first hand knowledge of whats been happening as I was standing there when they loaded 4 horses on a 6 horse BRAND NEW trailerm never used yet and the trailer bent (bent or whatever) and they could not shut the doors..mind you this was in Jan. with horses clipped to go to Fla.  that was the FIRST trailer...and I've been there to see the rivets coming out of ramp etc...so yea I do have first hand knowledge of whats going on...dealer she bought it from is no longer involved as they are not selling Exiss anymore.  The poor woman just wants her money back.  She was posting on this foum but she was banned frm posting anymore.....hmmmmmm wonder why that is???????

I Don't remember any posting about an Exiss trailer doors not being able to close after horses were loaded.    and the poster being banned.  This sounds like more stories or before my time.

Missy ... More details to jog my memory  please...

Maybe ... the screen name of the poster so we can search the forum. 

To quote you ... " hmmmmmm wonder why that is???????

You are gonna get this thread locked by your ranting without verifiable facts.

Bridget had pictures available for her story. We discussed her issue respectfully and without hysteria.  Let us do the same for your issues.

marym
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2007-04-07 11:28 AM (#58717 - in reply to #58044)

Please WILL you people let other people have their SAY or Vent on here about their or other's Problems with Any brand of trailers.. I want to hear it.. Truth or NOT Truth I am looking to buy a NEW trailer and I DO WANT to know the TROUBLES SOME have had or have been told to have with the different brands OF TRAILERS. That's what makes me an Informed consumer.. SO IF IT BOTHERS YOU TO READ THE POST's PLEASE DON’T READ THEM! IT IS YOUR CHOICE AS IT IS MINE TO READ WHAT SOME HAVE TO SAY. MaryM
ImaTeamRoper
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2007-04-07 11:53 AM (#58719 - in reply to #58712)

New User

Originally written by Msmissy on 2007-04-07 10:20 AM

I DO have first hand knowledge of whats been happening as I was standing there when they loaded 4 horses on a 6 horse BRAND NEW trailerm never used yet and the trailer bent (bent or whatever) and they could not shut the doors..mind you this was in Jan. with horses clipped to go to Fla. that was the FIRST trailer...and I've been there to see the rivets coming out of ramp etc...so yea I do have first hand knowledge of whats going on...dealer she bought it from is no longer involved as they are not selling Exiss anymore. The poor woman just wants her money back. She was posting on this foum but she was banned frm posting anymore.....hmmmmmm wonder why that is???????

She was banned and now it's a conspiracy. I find it hard to believe anyone would be banned from expressing their opinion or stating the facts about a situation. If she has something to say she can register with a new name and say it. JMHO
ImaTeamRoper
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2007-04-07 11:56 AM (#58720 - in reply to #58717)

New User

Originally written by marym on 2007-04-07 11:28 AM

Please WILL you people let other people have their SAY or Vent on here about their or other's Problems with Any brand of trailers.. I want to hear it.. Truth or NOT Truth I am looking to buy a NEW trailer and I DO WANT to know the TROUBLES SOME have had or have been told to have with the different brands OF TRAILERS. That's what makes me an Informed consumer.. SO IF IT BOTHERS YOU TO READ THE POST's PLEASE DON’T READ THEM! IT IS YOUR CHOICE AS IT IS MINE TO READ WHAT SOME HAVE TO SAY. MaryM

Why would you let untruths influence you? How does that make you an informed consumer?
marym
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2007-04-07 12:36 PM (#58722 - in reply to #58720)

Why do some want to Argue right away about what I or others want to be influenced by on information on a trailer? It is our choice to sift through ALL the information given. Your post has nothing to do about information on a trailer except to make me feel I am not intelligent enough to make the right choices. MaryM
HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2007-04-07 12:37 PM (#58723 - in reply to #58044)

Expert

They will be as informed as little Missy is, and that isn't. GET IT?
hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2007-04-07 12:47 PM (#58724 - in reply to #58720)

Expert

Originally written by ImaTeamRoper on 2007-04-07 10:56 AM

Originally written by marym on 2007-04-07 11:28 AM Please WILL you people let other people have their SAY or Vent on here about their or other's Problems with Any brand of trailers.. I want to hear it.. Truth or NOT Truth I am looking to buy a NEW trailer and I DO WANT to know the TROUBLES SOME have had or have been told to have with the different brands OF TRAILERS. That's what makes me an Informed consumer.. SO IF IT BOTHERS YOU TO READ THE POST's PLEASE DON’T READ THEM! IT IS YOUR CHOICE AS IT IS MINE TO READ WHAT SOME HAVE TO SAY. MaryM
Why would you let untruths influence you? How does that make you an informed consumer?

ITR .. It in truth makes her a ... MISinformed buyer ...  thanks to Missy....  Pun intended  ... lol

farmbabe
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2007-04-07 1:55 PM (#58725 - in reply to #58044)

Expert

here is the problem...everyone will complain about something. I have owned my Exiss for going on 4 years, hauled many a mile with it and have NO complaints. Doors shut, windows open and close, its never bent anything, rivets intact....in short, its been wonderful. When you read about theses horror stories, which are generally related second or third hand, your not getting 1-the whole story and 2-reliable information. Your getting a opinion from someone who knows someone who heard from someone that their second-cousins-sisters-boyfriends dad had a serious problem with a trailer and the dealer wouldn't do anything. Could be the guy backed into a tree and wanted someone else to fix it under warranty, who knows.
KCW
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2007-04-07 2:14 PM (#58726 - in reply to #58513)

Veteran

Originally written by HWBar on 2007-04-04 7:47 PM

I'm confused.

The horses head did the first bashing.

Then the trailer owners wanted to bash something.

Then the lady from NY said wait, I'll bash Exiss

Then a bunch of folks started bashing the lady from NY.

Then a bunch of new folks joined the forum, started bashing Exiss.

Reg comes in late, may get bashed himself.

I think I'll have another margarita.

I'll drink to that and save the beer cans for the trailer repairs,
good one HWBar. Thought you drank Wild Turkey?

KCW

Edited by KCW 2007-04-07 2:41 PM
HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2007-04-07 2:48 PM (#58727 - in reply to #58044)

Expert

Nope, just live a mile from the distillery. Margarita's for me.
retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2007-04-07 2:52 PM (#58728 - in reply to #58044)

Expert

You mean you can't make margarita's using Wild Turkey 101?!!!
HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2007-04-07 4:12 PM (#58733 - in reply to #58044)

Expert

Yep, I've had them, but I prefer Patron. I'm having one of those right now.

Edited by HWBar 2007-04-07 4:13 PM
Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Now viewing page 6 [25 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World