'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Exiss Trailer
[Frozen]

Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Now viewing page 7 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-04-08 8:04 AM
175 replies, 26644 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh Frozen
Message format

sable812
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2007-04-07 4:15 PM (#58734 - in reply to #58728)
Subject: RE: Exiss Trailer

Veteran

I think all we as consumers need to do is remember which trailers have the most complaints about them. That is easy to keep track of. Why should you buy that brand of trailer if you are a well informed consumer. Many of the posts on this site deal with the dealers not standing behind thier trailers. We should know those dealers too. We also sohould know the good ones like Dixie Mule. That dealer has done a lot of fixing other dealers trailers.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Tx. Vaquero
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2007-04-07 4:16 PM (#58735 - in reply to #58044)

retento- you got a good recipe? Come on man, you gotta share, you can't just leave us hangin out there! In south Tx. we use our tequila to gargle with, and I thought you only dipped an ice cube in 101.
HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2007-04-07 4:18 PM (#58736 - in reply to #58734)

Expert

Originally written by sable812 on 2007-04-07 4:15 PM

I think all we as consumers need to do is remember which trailers have the most complaints about them. That is easy to keep track of. Why should you buy that brand of trailer if you are a well informed consumer. Many of the posts on this site deal with the dealers not standing behind thier trailers. We should know those dealers too. We also sohould know the good ones like Dixie Mule. That dealer has done a lot of fixing other dealers trailers.

I agree totally with that, That's why I think this is such a bogus complaint. Don would have spoke up and fixed it had it been legitimate.

retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2007-04-07 4:39 PM (#58738 - in reply to #58044)

Expert

Ain't got no kind of recipe for those "exotic beverages". I just thought "101" was and is good in about everything. It's best in a clean glass with one of those ice cube you were speaking of.........Hey it's 5:36 pm here, time to dirty up a clean glass and sacrifice an ice cube!!!  See ya'll tomorrow!! Take a break!!
hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2007-04-07 4:44 PM (#58741 - in reply to #58734)

Expert

Originally written by sable812 on 2007-04-07 3:15 PM

To paraphrase Don Smith of the aforementioned Dixie Horse & Mule dealership ...  He didn't chose to become the largest Exiss dealership, his customers did for him.  He sells more Exiss trailers than any of the other brands he sells.    So logically, since Don sells more Exiss trailers, he should get more complaints about them (assuming the defects are the same number per trailer sold)  ... which Don has confirmed

Therefore to tolerate an Exiss brand bash fest is to mislead people looking for information.  They will be mislead into spending more of their money for a product than justified.  This process inflates the cost of trailers nationwide.

Msmissy
Reg. Apr 2007
Posted 2007-04-07 5:38 PM (#58752 - in reply to #58044)

Not bashing..just stating facts...go to COTH forums and look up Jumphigh83 and the thread about Exiss trailers...she has posted on here using same sn and Betsy W.   No lie...she is on her second brand new Exiss and it is in the shop AGAIN while her customers once again are not able to go to horse shows because of it.  I wouldn't take a EXISS if it were being given away.
HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2007-04-07 5:41 PM (#58753 - in reply to #58044)

Expert

SSShhhheeeessss. BBBBBaaaaacccckkkk.
robdnorm
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2007-04-07 5:46 PM (#58754 - in reply to #58044)

Extreme Veteran

And how does the saying about beating a dead horse go?
Msmissy
Reg. Apr 2007
Posted 2007-04-07 5:57 PM (#58756 - in reply to #58044)

So why do all you bubbas keep responding to my posts???  Like one poster said "if you don't want to hear or read it., DON'T
robdnorm
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2007-04-07 6:04 PM (#58757 - in reply to #58044)

Extreme Veteran

Hey HWB, we just got upgraded to bubbas!  I have set back and read and filtered all the posts to decipher the truth from propaganda.  However, there comes a time when people are not content unless they have the last word.  It is clear that this thread will go on if people are determined to make their last stand.  Once you have made your point, (which I think everyone has) be done with it.  This board is here for constructive points and to voice valid concerns, questions, and other points of interest.  Clearly, this has been discussed in great detail.  Now, it is time to let it come to an end and move on to the next discussion.  After all, we are still trying to ascertain the identity of TX Vaquero.....

Msmissy
Reg. Apr 2007
Posted 2007-04-07 6:05 PM (#58758 - in reply to #58044)

Betsy W

New User

http://www.horsetrailerworld.com/forum/edit-profile.asp?action=view&viewusername=Betsy%20W User Profile

Subject : RE: Exiss Trailer
Posted : 2007-04-01 8:12 AM
Post #58221 - In reply to #58211
http://www.horsetrailerworld.com/forum/thread-post.asp?Action=Reply&forumid=2&threadid=6820&ReplyTo=58221&DisplayType=flathttp://www.horsetrailerworld.com/forum/thread-post.asp?Action=Reply&forumid=2&threadid=6820&ReplyTo=58221&DisplayType=flat&quote=yeshttp://www.horsetrailerworld.com/forum/thread-post.asp?Action=Edit&MessageID=58221&forumid=2&threadid=6820http://www.horsetrailerworld.com/forum/message-delete.asp?MessageID=58221

Originally written by HWBar on 2007-04-01 6:35 AM

After reading back over this post this morning a few things have really stood out.

1. This person absolutely does not understand that the roof is for keeping out water, not horses.

2. I have been to Quarter Horse Congress, World Show, NFR, NRHA Futurities. I can't remember seeing a Sport Model at any of the above.

3. I have never seen a commercial horse hauler using a Hawk trailer, much less one with "50 years" Experience.

4 Half may have had to much to drink last night

OK ..Bearing in mind that this board is sponsored by Exiss it is goin got be hard to find someone to sympathize with the original poster BUT I do!

So roofs keep water out???NOT IN MY EXISS...mine ruined thousands of dollars worth of balnkets and brushes and show curtains when the roof leaked to the point of filling THREE brush boxes FULL of water !! THe whole mass was frozen to the carpet in the peak!! (OOPS factory "forgot" to seal the roof) It smelled like a dank cellar! Parked the thing after the end of hunt seaseon and when I went to pack for FLorida...woohoo...everything was ruined! THis was on my FIRST Exiss before they replaced it with another one because the doors wouldnt shut and the windows would not open when I put four horses on my six horse trailer. Oh I have been here before and was shut down as a "troll" Yeah I get troll like when I am paying forty sonething THOUSAND dollars for a trailer that does nothing but cost me money every time I hook it up! Latest is the TWO blow outs I had (cheap light duty tires made in CHINA) in the way to and from Florida..I was told I need "heavy duty special order tires" (YA THINK??? on a SIX horse???) The last blow out took out the brakes (not encased in ANYTHING just bungeed to the axel)not to mention the body damage..Luckily no horses were hurt in the frey.  Oh I could go on and on about MY Exiss nightmare but since I was bannished from here the last time I posted about my personal Exiss tragedy I will spare you the trouble of banishing me and just dissappear again since I spend most of my time talking on the phone to Universal trailers trying to fix the latest thing that has broken/fallen off/failed on my trailer. I dread going on the road with the thing! I bought it so I wouldnt have to worry about being on the road with horses.  So go on with the slicing and dicing of this dissatisfied customer but there are PLENTY of us and just banning us will NOT make the problem go away. Try hiring engineers and HORSEMEN to design and build the product. Now that is a novel concept. And NO I havent had too much to drink, clearly I havent had enough kool aid to buy the hand holding koombayah singing Exiss love fest presented by some here!

HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2007-04-07 6:08 PM (#58759 - in reply to #58044)

Expert

Before it was her friends trailer, now it's hers.

Maybe time for the urine test?

Msmissy
Reg. Apr 2007
Posted 2007-04-07 6:15 PM (#58760 - in reply to #58044)

It is my friends trailer you idiot...where did I ever say it was mine?????
HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2007-04-07 6:25 PM (#58761 - in reply to #58044)

Expert

The above post, would lead you to believe that it was you, refering to your Exiss.

That would be Mr. Idiot to you please.

Urine sample to the left please.

robdnorm
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2007-04-07 6:31 PM (#58762 - in reply to #58044)

Extreme Veteran

No, I don't think you could say this is a hand holding session for Exiss.  I own a C&C.  I can't say that I would ever be interested in an Exiss.  However, you have had your chance to state your claim and present your point on here.  I wouldn't say that this board is sponsored by Exiss.  Granted, this board is here due to the sponsors that advertise on here, and yes, many of them probably sell an Exiss.  If I was the owner of this site, I would have banned you as well.  If you own a business and someone comes in and tries to raise such issues that it could possibly effect the income of your business, you would send them packing as well.  I would say that Dave has been very considerate not to shut this thread down.  You have had the opportunity to make your points.  Every member of the board that has read them has the right to take them into consideration.  However, when you continue to bring up all the problems you have had in multiple posts, that is what we call redundant.  You have made your points and I am sure that there will be those who read this that might be hesitant in buying an Exiss because of it.  However, there comes a time when threads of this nature can be detrimental to the website.  Do you really think the Exiss dealers on here are happy with this?  I dare say that they are not.  Over time, if these boards get to the point that particular brands are bashed the those dealers will not advertise.  Common sense says that without substantial income, a business will not succeed.  Even though it is free for us to use this site.  There is a cost associated with operating it.  There are those of us on the board that realize this concept and will step in from time to time.  Many have been on here for several years, and the hope is that this site is here for many to come.  Thus, considerations should be made at some point. 
Tx. Vaquero
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2007-04-07 6:35 PM (#58763 - in reply to #58044)

I've never owned an Exiss and now have an Elite, but I am getting ready to sell it and I think I'll get an Exiss, just because of the way the Exiss guys have handled themselves throughout all of this. I admire it.
HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2007-04-07 7:06 PM (#58765 - in reply to #58044)

Expert

I'm a 4 Star guy, But I've said it before I think if you buy an Exiss from the right folks, you can't do any better. I also commend Mr. Trailer I would have shut this thread down way before us drunks showed up. Maybe it's time to do it now.
minebray
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2007-04-07 7:07 PM (#58766 - in reply to #58752)

Originally written by Msmissy on 2007-04-07 6:38 PM

Not bashing..just stating facts...go to COTH forums and look up Jumphigh83 and the thread about Exiss trailers...she has posted on here using same sn and Betsy W.   No lie...she is on her second brand new Exiss and it is in the shop AGAIN while her customers once again are not able to go to horse shows because of it.  I wouldn't take a EXISS if it were being given away.

If the first one was so bad why did she get the second??  Even if, big big if, Exiss replaced the first one after all the supposed trouble why would she have kept the second one instead of trading it off??  This whole thing is just comes down to personall responsibity, some of us have it some don't

Edited by minebray 2007-04-07 7:16 PM
Reg
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2007-04-07 7:21 PM (#58767 - in reply to #58044)

Expert

Now that we've broken through to the topic of "having the last word"
A little levity.

She has the last word in any argument.
Anything that he says after that is the beginning of a NEW argument.
He just started that one.

{Gee, that IS a bit sexist - though below the general roar of this thread}
Msmissy
Reg. Apr 2007
Posted 2007-04-07 8:11 PM (#58769 - in reply to #58044)

Not a big if that Exiss gave her the second trailer..ITS A FACT and now the second one is one big headache as well.  Now she just wants her money and expenses back so she can go buy a different make of trailer.
HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2007-04-07 8:16 PM (#58771 - in reply to #58044)

Expert

Everybody knows someone just like this chick.

You know, the chick that knows someone who has a great horse.

She knows someone who has a fast truck.

She knows someone who has a trailer.

She probley knows someone that has a life.

Just not her.

Edited by HWBar 2007-04-07 8:20 PM
Betsy W
Reg. Apr 2007
Posted 2007-04-07 8:27 PM (#58774 - in reply to #58771)

New User

OK, lets get one thing clear. It is MY trailer and it is a POS. Have the "wonderful people" at Exiss been anything but helpful and polite? No, they have been both. Did I BUY a second Exiss ?? NOT ON YOUR LIFE...I was GIVEN one after the MULTIPLE structural failures of the first trailer. Has this trailer performed to expectation (ie standard of the industry) NO...PLEASE call me ..please... and do please keep writing implicating stuff...it will fill a folder quite nicely.
Am I a "drunk" as some have intimated??? NO...stone cold sober and wondering WHEN my trailer will return from repair AGAIN..new tires this time since those that came with the trailer were too wide and RUBBING on the FRAME! This was after they went yet another set of tires AND wheels that would NOT turn after being mounted on the trialer.
So I invite a phone call. Please...from the president of the company preferably, or the owner. Rodney and TJ have been very helpful and polite. The company they work for needs an engineer and some horsemen to get together and build a trailer that works. So whomever said they wanted to go buy an exiss based on their "great service" GO AHEAD..you WILL be talking to them VERY frequently so you will be able to establish a warm and friendly PERSONAL relationship. I have the documentation to prove that I am not a kook a drunk or a poor slob who cant afford a trailer (as per previous posts) but a completely dissatisfied owner of a LEMON. There are laws to protect people from such fraud. Lucky for me.
Please write. I will be happy to fill y'all in on the continuing Exiss nightmare. Keep the comments coming.You too can be part of the legacy! More fuel for the fire.
Thanks.
Jumphigh83@aol.com
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2007-04-07 8:37 PM (#58776 - in reply to #58761)

Expert

HWBar,I'm with you.I thought she was talking about an Exiss that she owned that had the roof leak that ruined everything.It didn't start out as a quote on the post so I had the same interpretation.
hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2007-04-07 10:34 PM (#58782 - in reply to #58044)

Expert

Ladies and Gentleman ... This thread has gone beyond learning and respectful discussion.  It is nothing I wish to participate in.  I hope you do too.

Dave:  Thanks for the bandwidth...

Msmissy
Reg. Apr 2007
Posted 2007-04-07 10:48 PM (#58784 - in reply to #58044)

Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Now viewing page 7 [25 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World