'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Exiss Trailer
[Frozen]

Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-04-08 8:04 AM
175 replies, 26643 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh Frozen
Message format

horsey1
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2007-03-31 9:00 AM (#58144 - in reply to #58044)
Subject: RE: Exiss Trailer

Elite Veteran

As has been said- a series of unfortunate events at an unfortunate location- by the vent. But to give Exiss their due- it is probably the least expensive aluminum trailer on the market. No, its not a 4 Star. Heck, it isn't even an Exiss Event, nor a Sooner. And both of those products are built by the same company for more upscale and/or demanding buyers. And frankly- I think a commercial breeding operation deserves more than the "least expensive aluminum trailer money can buy". A company can build anything to suit anybody. But somewhere someone has to step up and accept responsibility for matching the product to the application. Maybe just maybe, a Sport isn't for everybody. Owner's fault, salesperson's fault, dealer's fault, manufacturer's fault??????
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Thibodeaux
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2007-03-31 9:11 AM (#58145 - in reply to #58044)

New User

From the research I have done on trailers resently, when your lucky enough to find a very educated dealer most trailers in the industry use an aluminum skin on their roof that is between .032 and .040.  I tend to agree with hosspuller in that this form of "dealer bashing" sounds like extorsion.  With that being said, I was driving to get breakfast this morning and a bug hit the windsheild of the truck and the windsheild cracked so I am going to see if Ford will warranty it. 

Ma'am do you own the trailer?  When you spoke to Exiss, I hope you didn't start off with the bashing and threats.  Cause that could be one reason your having difficulty, most people or companies do not like being thrown in a corner.

Just my 2 cents worth.  Hope all ends well for you.

Aspen West
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2007-03-31 9:34 AM (#58146 - in reply to #58144)

How many people do you know who know trailer specs and  understand them? I freely admit to being anal about horse trailers, crawl under them with a measuring tape etc but I am in the minority. Most people "Trust" the salesperson at the dealership help them purchase the best trailer for their needs. How many of those salepeople know the specs for the various trailers they sell?  At the QH Congress several years ago where there are literally hundreds if not thousands of trailers for sale, I talked to very few salesperson who knew their product well. Customer Service is fast becoming passe in our world and the customer suffers and not just buying horse trailers.

A customer purchases a product in good faith, based on their needs, based on what the salesperson tells them about the product. So if the product is made poorly - that is not the customer's fault, nor the salesperson - it is the mfg. JMHO

Aspen West
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2007-03-31 9:47 AM (#58147 - in reply to #58145)

Thibodeaux

If you are responding to my post - no I don't own the Exiss - wouldn't have one if they gave it to me and that was before I heard about this mess. I borrowed a friends one weekend and was horrified at how badly it pulled loaded and empty. It had a tin can feel to it.  And I agree with you, finding an educated trailer dealer is a rare find. Most I've talked to interestingly enough have been women.

I'm sorry but anyone who thinks that being told by a dealer that using your Exiss trailer to haul a horse is misuse and thinks that is fine ---- well, that is just beyond my understanding. I don't care if the horse reared up violently or as she said " put his head over the divider" -- that should not happen. A huge dent - yes - but a jagged hole - NO!!

We have a 2002 Duramax that is just not a good truck - short version. GM has refused from the get go to admit there was a problem, yet a year later extended the warranty on the injectors, improved the filter. So we painted LEMON OF THE YEAR on the truck in bright yellow. It has been seen coast to coast across North America and we have probably cost GM more than if they had simply fixed the truck.  So I am in full agreement with this lady, if Exiss refuses to honor their warranty - tell two friends who hopefully will tell two friends and the bonus is hopefully some one else's horse will not put it's head thru an Exiss trailer roof.

Liz

Tx. Vaquero
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2007-03-31 9:57 AM (#58148 - in reply to #58044)

I am not buying that all this damage happened as a result of a horse. I can see the large dent, with enough force, more than just a rear up, but I believe the aluminum was pulled away from the vent where it tore to add emphasis or exagerate the extent of damage for purposes of being exploited on forums such as this. I have dealt with some good dealers over the years and I don't know of a one that would cover this sort of damage under any knid of warranty or good will, even if I had the gall to ask them to. We are not getting the whole story here. SCAM.
Ardly
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2007-03-31 10:39 AM (#58149 - in reply to #58044)

Veteran

Just like to say that I haven't seen an aluminum roof that I'd feel comfortable walking on and I'm just shy of 200#'s. Jasondt2001,I would love to have a roof made like your's,thats for sure!
Maybe one of the honeycomb style fiberglass roofs or one of the MUCH OLDER steel roofs from years gone by but not ANY of the present day aluminum skinned roofs that I'm familiar with. In my opinion they are not designed as such to handle heavy loads on top nor extreme pressures from below.Certainly not with roof supports spaced @ 2+ feet apart and skin thicknesses of .032 to  .040. Our horses have on a few occasions raised there heads abrubtly while in the trailer and luckily the only damage done was a few small dimple's in the skin. I have to agree that it appears as though that the horse hit one of the weakest points in this roof . It really shouldn't come as to much of a surprise as to the outcome considering where the horses head impacted the roof adjacent to the roof vent.Glad that he's ok knowing that it wouldn't have taken much more for the outcome to have been consideribly different.jmho,   Ardly

Edited

to clarify that allthough I wouldn't walk on my aluminum skinned trailer roof it isn't for fear that I'd fall thru, just that there would be damage done whether or not it was visible with a casual looking over(seperated seams,stress points etc.)

Edited by Ardly 2007-03-31 10:49 AM
MarkM
Reg. Aug 2005
Posted 2007-03-31 10:50 AM (#58150 - in reply to #58044)

I have been selling Exiss trailers now for about 5 years. We have a huge service dept that works on all trailers and I have not seen this in all the years I have worked here or been involved in trailers. It IS NOT A PROBLEM with Exiss or ANYBODY ELSE!! It was a freak accident and if Exiss gives in to you to be nice and fix something that IS NOT under warranty than I would imagine other people would get wind of this and wonder why Exiss did not fix there non-warrantied problems! I would imagine there could be law suits that would follow!!!

I too had something hit my windshield last week and it did crack so I will be seeing Ford this week also to see if they will warranty it!

Also, if I saw a truck with a LEMON LAW sign on it for advertising it would not stop me at all at buying that manufacturer. I make my own decisions (good or bad).

Mark M in sunny California

Thibodeaux
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2007-03-31 11:15 AM (#58153 - in reply to #58044)

New User

Aspen West~~The question if you own it was not intended for you and I apologize for not being clear.  The question was for the original poster Mingiz, Does she own the trailer?
hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2007-03-31 11:51 AM (#58156 - in reply to #58153)

Expert

Originally written by Thibodeaux on 2007-03-31 10:15 AM

Aspen West~~The question if you own it was not intended for you and I apologize for not being clear.  The question was for the original poster Mingiz, Does she own the trailer?

Thibodeaux ... The trailer owner posts on the first page of this thread.  Her screen name is HDCAPPS.

HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2007-03-31 1:02 PM (#58157 - in reply to #58147)

Expert

Originally written by Aspen West on 2007-03-31 9:47 AM

So we painted LEMON OF THE YEAR on the truck in bright yellow. It has been seen coast to coast across North America and we have probably cost GM more than if they had simply fixed the truck. 

This tells a little about you, most people I see that have done something this extreme I don't give any thought to at all. I doubt you have even cost GM 1 new truck with your antics.

Aspen West
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2007-03-31 2:09 PM (#58158 - in reply to #58157)

No problem, I've been wearing my purple hat for years and could care less what any one thinks of my actions. My truck,my money and I do know of 3 people who decided not to buy a Duramax after talking to my husband.When people wait in parking lots for you to come out so they can talk to you, they too must have problems with GM.

I am a strong believer in customer service - GM is not - so this is my way of expressing my thoughts - I  have never said you or anyone else had to either like it or agree with it.

Have a nice day!

Covert Cowboy
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2007-03-31 2:09 PM (#58159 - in reply to #58044)

Regular

Injectors in a truck are a slightly different story. In that case the dealer is just trying to get out of a valid warranty claim (just like any other auto manufacturer these days). There is only black and white in the dealer's eyes case. If your truck is running then you have no problem (according to them). If the truck doesn't run, only then do you have a problem.

Assuming Exiss covered the roof in their warranty (which they don't... only the roof supports)... and assuming we deemed this something that should be covered under warranty then it should be replaced because it would be akin to the truck not starting. Its clearly obvious that there is a hole in the roof just like its clearly obvious that the truck isn't starting.

If your injectors are messed up but the truck still starts and they are covered under the warranty (which they are) then they should be fixed. But its not quite as black and white as the horse trailer issue is.

Now all of this is moot, anyway, because when this person bought the Exiss trailer they also bought the Exiss warranty. The warranty doesn't cover this even if we would consider as something that should be covered (I'm not saying it should or shouldn't be covered... I'm just saying it never would be covered). I don't think Exiss can be faulted here. Unless the dealership lied about the warranty it was clear what coverage was being sold. This model is a price point model. You can't have your cake and eat it too, unfortunately.
MarkM
Reg. Aug 2005
Posted 2007-03-31 3:42 PM (#58161 - in reply to #58159)

Originally written by Covert Cowboy on 2007-03-31 1:09 PM

Injectors in a truck are a slightly different story. In that case the dealer is just trying to get out of a valid warranty claim (just like any other auto manufacturer these days). There is only black and white in the dealer's eyes case. If your truck is running then you have no problem (according to them). If the truck doesn't run, only then do you have a problem. Assuming Exiss covered the roof in their warranty (which they don't... only the roof supports)... and assuming we deemed this something that should be covered under warranty then it should be replaced because it would be akin to the truck not starting. Its clearly obvious that there is a hole in the roof just like its clearly obvious that the truck isn't starting. If your injectors are messed up but the truck still starts and they are covered under the warranty (which they are) then they should be fixed. But its not quite as black and white as the horse trailer issue is. Now all of this is moot, anyway, because when this person bought the Exiss trailer they also bought the Exiss warranty. The warranty doesn't cover this even if we would consider as something that should be covered (I'm not saying it should or shouldn't be covered... I'm just saying it never would be covered). I don't think Exiss can be faulted here. Unless the dealership lied about the warranty it was clear what coverage was being sold. This model is a price point model. You can't have your cake and eat it too, unfortunately.

Very well said Covert Cowboy.

Mark M

hdcapps
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2007-03-31 6:29 PM (#58166 - in reply to #58148)

Tx Vaquero

Sherlock Holmes are you now???  SCAM???  Yes, you've got me dead to rights - after watching the Pepsi can thin roof split and peel with the force of my horse's head, I climbed right up on that ever so sturdy trailer roof and peeled back the sharp aluminum edges with my hands to make it look so much better.  Give me a break!  What is your position with Exiss?????

iCE CRM
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2007-03-31 6:30 PM (#58167 - in reply to #58161)

Extreme Veteran

I didn't read all the post but some of the ones I read hit the nail on the head. Just the right spot with the right pressure. I can tear a Memphis phone book in half and it is not because I am that strong it is knowing how to hold it and how to do it. The horse just hit it at the right spot. It was like popping the top of a soft drink. Don't think it would have bothered a Hart or Cimmaron but who knows. I think Exiss puts the vents right above the horse's head and some other mfg. put them in the middle. 

Edited by iCE CRM 2007-03-31 6:33 PM
Tx. Vaquero
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2007-03-31 7:45 PM (#58170 - in reply to #58044)

Horse tied short and low, blew up, fought the tie until it broke, enough force going up to bend the roof. No way a horse could throw his head up with that much force at that height just standing. If he had been tied to the side and did the same thing, he would have probably flipped over and broke his neck or back. Never owned an Exiss, they don't fit what I do, and don't work for them either. After this floats all over the internet, I can't imagine any dealer needing the business bad enough to sell you a trailer. As my Mother used to tell me " butch up Sally, it's a tough world".
hdcapps
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2007-03-31 8:57 PM (#58178 - in reply to #58044)

Horse tied from tie ring (which is high in this trailer - where roof meets ceiling) Tie did not break (plenty of play in the rope when going up since the ring is high) Horse didn't "fight" anything or he would have been cut nose to ears (see photos)  I can't imagine what he would have looked like at the end of this if he had been pitching a holy fit.  Horse is wide, 15.3 and has not a heck of a lot of wiggle room in a slant load trailer so not a chance to gain any kind of momentum.  Bottom line.....trailer is flimsy and ill equipped to haul ANY horse in.  And I did not buy this trailer - I just happened to be the lucky one to be hauling with it and expose its lousy construction. 

Incidentally, this is but one of a gazillion forums this incident is on - this is the ONLY one where folks think its perfectly fine for a trailer to be so flimsy that a horse can put a body part THROUGH an outside wall/roof etc.  Coincidence or a forum full of folks who make their living selling trailers???   The HUNDREDS of letters in my Inbox from people with similar horror stories about Exiss support the latter.  On this forum I have been accused of being an extortionist, a liar, an owner of an idiot horse, and a person out to make a name from this.  The repairs are paid for courtesy of comprehensive insurance and I'm not suing Exiss so there goes the extortion theory.  I don't lie but if you don't know me, you have no reason to believe that.  My horse did not pitch a fit and that is a fact as I was standing right there - the small scrape he came out of this with supports this fact.  A horse pitching a holy fit resulting in that kind of damage would have required a multitude of sutures at best.  As for making a name, well I've got a good one already and that comes from hard work, good horses and dealing with my customers fairly so they come back.  I would much rather have photos of my 2007 World Show contenders on my homepage but I believe the safety of every horse that may have the misfortune of being hauled in one of these tin cans is a bit more important.  This happened weeks ago - I tried dealing with Exiss directly (and no, I didn't call and threaten/scream/bash)  I deal with people every day and am well aware that customers who behave badly don't get far.  Nothing else has worked and so I turn to this.  If the Exiss Sport is made cheaply to be more affordable, perhaps it needs to be discontinued.  The bottom line is that any trailer made to haul a horse should be designed to withstand common equine behaviors.  If they can't hold up, they have no business being sold.  And I am quite certain that a few thousand more folks now have a heightened awareness of trailer construction which I don't think should be considered a bad thing.

minebray
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2007-03-31 10:10 PM (#58183 - in reply to #58178)

Originally written by hdcapps on 2007-03-31 9:57 PM

Horse tied from tie ring (which is high in this trailer - where roof meets ceiling) Tie did not break (plenty of play in the rope when going up since the ring is high) Horse didn't "fight" anything or he would have been cut nose to ears (see photos)  I can't imagine what he would have looked like at the end of this if he had been pitching a holy fit.  Horse is wide, 15.3 and has not a heck of a lot of wiggle room in a slant load trailer so not a chance to gain any kind of momentum.  Bottom line.....trailer is flimsy and ill equipped to haul ANY horse in.  And I did not buy this trailer - I just happened to be the lucky one to be hauling with it and expose its lousy construction. 

I have hauled a 16 hand and a 17 hand mule in my sport model, when tied properly the head could not have made impact where yours did, judging by your pictures, unless they were pitching some sort of fit 

Incidentally, this is but one of a gazillion forums this incident is on - this is the ONLY one where folks think its perfectly fine for a trailer to be so flimsy that a horse can put a body part THROUGH an outside wall/roof etc.  Coincidence or a forum full of folks who make their living selling trailers???  

Maybe because this forum is full of people who do trailer horses many many miles and not just a few weekend warriors  

The HUNDREDS of letters in my Inbox from people with similar horror stories about Exiss support the latter.  On this forum I have been accused of being an extortionist, a liar, an owner of an idiot horse, and a person out to make a name from this.  The repairs are paid for courtesy of comprehensive insurance and I'm not suing Exiss so there goes the extortion theory.  I don't lie but if you don't know me, you have no reason to believe that.  My horse did not pitch a fit and that is a fact as I was standing right there - the small scrape he came out of this with supports this fact.  A horse pitching a holy fit resulting in that kind of damage would have required a multitude of sutures at best.  As for making a name, well I've got a good one already and that comes from hard work, good horses and dealing with my customers fairly so they come back.  I would much rather have photos of my 2007 World Show contenders on my homepage but I believe the safety of every horse that may have the misfortune of being hauled in one of these tin cans is a bit more important.  This happened weeks ago - I tried dealing with Exiss directly (and no, I didn't call and threaten/scream/bash)  I deal with people every day and am well aware that customers who behave badly don't get far.  Nothing else has worked and so I turn to this.  If the Exiss Sport is made cheaply to be more affordable, perhaps it needs to be discontinued.  The bottom line is that any trailer made to haul a horse should be designed to withstand common equine behaviors.  If they can't hold up, they have no business being sold.  And I am quite certain that a few thousand more folks now have a heightened awareness of trailer construction which I don't think should be considered a bad thing.

I am sorry that your trailer got damaged but your story just does not add up. 

Edited by minebray 2007-03-31 10:11 PM
hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2007-03-31 11:52 PM (#58196 - in reply to #58178)

Expert

Originally written by hdcapps on 2007-03-31 7:57 PM

Incidentally, this is but one of a gazillion forums this incident is on - this is the ONLY one where folks think its perfectly fine for a trailer to be so flimsy that a horse can put a body part THROUGH an outside wall/roof etc.  Coincidence or a forum full of folks who make their living selling trailers???   The HUNDREDS of letters in my Inbox from people with similar horror stories about Exiss support the latter.  On this forum I have been accused of being an extortionist, a liar, an owner of an idiot horse, and a person out to make a name from this.  The repairs are paid for courtesy of comprehensive insurance and I'm not suing Exiss so there goes the extortion theory.  I don't lie but if you don't know me, you have no reason to believe that.  

This happened weeks ago - I tried dealing with Exiss directly (and no, I didn't call and threaten/scream/bash)  I deal with people every day and am well aware that customers who behave badly don't get far.  Nothing else has worked and so I turn to this.  If the Exiss Sport is made cheaply to be more affordable, perhaps it needs to be discontinued. 

The bottom line is that any trailer made to haul a horse should be designed to withstand common equine behaviors.  If they can't hold up, they have no business being sold. 

hdcapps:   I'd like to address some of your points of your last posting.  Plainly, you seem to have your feathers a bit ruffled. 

This forum is unique as it's directed toward the horse trailer and its user.  Most of the other forums are directed toward the horse and its rider.  I am primarily a gearhead,  one that rides and likes horses.  My vocation (nothing with horse trailers) and avocation is machinery, metal working, equipment, etc.  I am not alone in this area.  There are many posters with like interests.  On the field of horse trailer construction and use, this forum is far and away the most knowledgeable I've found.  Any comment in this field will be subjected to very critical examination.  Of the "Gazillion" other forums that accept your story uncritically, like Global Warming, a consensus of the Gazillion does not make fact.  The best reception you'll get here is to counter critical questions with fact and photos.  Not respond with innuendo.

The horse trailer industry posters on this forum are a uniquely powerful resource for information and coincidently for getting help from the industry.  It also has made this site a target for extortionists that want something from the trailer builders. 

You say "Nothing else has worked and so I turn to this"...   Your trailer is covered by insurance and is being repaired.  So, what is it you want? 

Do you want Exiss to stop building Sport models?   I would say that is not for you to decide.  Although by your postings that's is what you're trying to do.  You've put your judgement that it's constructed "Lousy", "flimsy" and "should be discontinued"  I submit that a higher road would be to inform the horse trailer community of your experience.  Although it won't help you, perhaps your experience will prompt some design change in the Exiss trailers.  I think that would be better than an indiscriminate bashing.

Its all about horses
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-04-01 12:40 AM (#58202 - in reply to #58044)

After reading everything on this post, looking at photos closely and really trying not to say anything I just have to. The photos look real to me, and anyone who says a horse cant put that much force in their head to do this damage from a stand still has clearly never been on the receiving end of the force. We are talking a thousand pound animal that uses their head for balance and to help their movement. I train allot of upper level dressage horses and let me tell you that when they want to use their head and neck to rearrange something the power behind it is absolutely amassing. I talk from experience and a few re-constructive nose jobs later. (All from one horse at a stand still spooking at a fly and trying to rearrange my face)

I do not think this lady is trying to make up a story or give Exiss trailers a bad name. She started by just making us aware of a design flaw in a trailer.

I am torn between what I think the company should have done. I do not think that they should have to pay, replace the roof. I do think that they should have admitted a design flaw and offered some help in finding a way to get it fixed so that everyone could be happy. I do know that I went out to my trailer and looked a my vents and how they were placed on the roof. My trailer is a Trails West Adventure and has a separate bracket around my vents so I don't think this could happen to me. I may get allot of flack for what I said but It is just my thoughts.

delta2
Reg. Apr 2007
Posted 2007-04-01 1:40 AM (#58204 - in reply to #58146)

IMO when you buy anything, a house, a car, a pair of shoes, do your research, don't depend on anyone but yourself.  Take the responsibility to know your product. All the salesman cares about is making the sale. Remember the old adage "Buyer Beware"? As in the case of a horse trailer, where a living animal is being transported, the price of the trailer is your least expensive worry. As so many have said, "you only get what your pay for". Exiss Sport is a very cheaply made trailer, surely there were other makes & models where this Sport was purchased & one look at the quality & workmanship (or lack of) is readily apparent, especially standing side by side with the Exiss Event or Sooner or any other trailer on the market.  Yes hind sight is 20/20, but if someone only has X amount of $$ to spend, buy a good used trailer that was made to last, not a newer flimsy model just because it was new. Quality is the first choice in any purchase, or should be.

Haflingers4Me
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2007-04-01 2:35 AM (#58205 - in reply to #58196)

I've been reading this for 2 days now trying to keep up with all of the posts...mind boggling.
#1, I think this is a freak accident/occurance- as posted by a few people...never seen that kind of damage before on the roof of a trailer. #2 Is the roof of a trailer really a stress point?
#3 Doesn't any body ask for or read the warranty before they sign and haul away their trailer?
#4 (Continuation of #3, kind of) I don't own an Exiss and am not sure about all of the different manufacturer warranties but my trailer EXCLUDES HORSE DAMAGE. Yep, normal wear and tear is covered, but if my mare tries to put her head through the the safety grills, it's not covered. Been there, paid for that out of my own pocket.
#5 (for the guys like hosspuller) What would happen to a fiberglass roof like what's on a Circle J trailer in this situation?
#6 The few times I've had problems with companies over warranties/service contracts and got no results/relief, I contacted the State Attorney General and the BBB and had them review my complaints. All resolved with the companies fixing the problem (in double quick time). Valid complaints resolved without me getting on the internet and pissing and moaning because I didn't "win" or get my way.
#7 Did I really see the person who this happened to post "they didn't buy this trailer, only used it"? about 4 posts ago?? WTF???
Haflingers4Me
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2007-04-01 2:54 AM (#58206 - in reply to #58178)

Originally written by hdcapps on 2007-03-31 6:57 PM

Incidentally, this is but one of a gazillion forums this incident is on - this is the ONLY one where folks think its perfectly fine for a trailer to be so flimsy that a horse can put a body part THROUGH an outside wall/roof etc.  Coincidence or a forum full of folks who make their living selling trailers???   The HUNDREDS of letters in my Inbox from people with similar horror stories about Exiss support the latter.  On this forum I have been accused of being an extortionist, a liar, an owner of an idiot horse, and a person out to make a name from this.  The repairs are paid for courtesy of comprehensive insurance and I'm not suing Exiss so there goes the extortion theory.  I don't lie but if you don't know me, you have no reason to believe that.  My horse did not pitch a fit and that is a fact as I was standing right there - the small scrape he came out of this with supports this fact.  A horse pitching a holy fit resulting in that kind of damage would have required a multitude of sutures at best.  As for making a name, well I've got a good one already and that comes from hard work, good horses and dealing with my customers fairly so they come back.  I would much rather have photos of my 2007 World Show contenders on my homepage but I believe the safety of every horse that may have the misfortune of being hauled in one of these tin cans is a bit more important.  This happened weeks ago - I tried dealing with Exiss directly (and no, I didn't call and threaten/scream/bash)  I deal with people every day and am well aware that customers who behave badly don't get far.  Nothing else has worked and so I turn to this.  If the Exiss Sport is made cheaply to be more affordable, perhaps it needs to be discontinued.  The bottom line is that any trailer made to haul a horse should be designed to withstand common equine behaviors.  If they can't hold up, they have no business being sold.  And I am quite certain that a few thousand more folks now have a heightened awareness of trailer construction which I don't think should be considered a bad thing.

Hmmm, hope this quote works...late and kind of tipsy but DOES ANY ONE SMELL BULL$HIT? Can any one else see this thread getting frozen soon? Someone's gonna tattle. Happy Trails
Haflingers4Me
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2007-04-01 3:09 AM (#58207 - in reply to #58206)

OK that quote went over like a fart in church, may be a liiiiiitttttle more impaired then I thought. Screw it, the bad exiss trailer roof person said " I did not buy this trailer-I just happened to be the lucky one to be hauling with it and expose it's lousy construction".
horse nugget
Reg. Sep 2006
Posted 2007-04-01 5:01 AM (#58208 - in reply to #58044)

Howdy! Ya All

Okay enough enough read, I have something to say. I have seen 4 Star, Sundowner, Sooner, Featherlite, Kiefer Built and Lakota, all with dents or holes in thier roofs from the same kind of thing. I have not seen  anyone else ever put up such a fuss about it. Most folks folks would say damn horse have it fixed and move on. We should not be here perhaps knocking one bad trailer in the thousands that universal has built.

This is my 2 cents for all its worth. If this was a place that employed a member of your family, would you have started this post?

Happy Trails

Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World