'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Broken Arrow Horse Camp

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2016-06-13 1:39 PM
6 replies, 6363 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

happy rider
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2007-06-26 9:42 PM (#62914)
Subject: Broken Arrow Horse Camp

New User

We also have discovered this new horse camp in the Black Hills.  How refreshing to find great host who go out of their way to make your stay comfortable, large sites, awesome views from this quiet camp, the best shower house.  Horses were under covered corrals, and the riding was so relaxing and easy to ride because trails are marked.  We will go back again !
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
j&j
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2007-06-27 9:36 AM (#62940 - in reply to #62914)
Subject: RE: Broken Arrow Horse Camp

Veteran

Are the trails their own private trails or are they connected to the public trails in Custer and the Wilderness?

How would you rate the trails?

j&j
barngirl
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2007-06-27 12:26 PM (#62950 - in reply to #62940)

I'm planning on checking this place out. I'd like to find a camp closer to Sturgis or Spearfish, though, as my mom lives at Newell.
dateacher
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2007-06-27 1:19 PM (#62957 - in reply to #62940)

We just returned from staying there  a week. Since we don't have a LQ trailer we stayed at the bunkhouse- our room had a small kitchenette and bathroom. The land adjoins the  national forest with a gate for access. We enjoyed our stay and the trails were not as rocky as some I have been on. I would recommend this camping site. The people who own the place are so nice and help in anyway they can. they even have handmade maps of the trails around that area.
pooperscooper
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2007-06-27 9:16 PM (#62987 - in reply to #62914)

Veteran

There are many miles of trails in the Black Hills National Forest right out from the camp. They are in the process of marking more before next year. You can also ride from their place into Custer Park. None of the trails were difficult. Very few rocks especially when you compare riding in Missouri. The camp is very easy to get to and is close to town which has many restuarants, shopping and anything you might need. We counted over 40 deer one morning just along the road into Custer. We rode there 9 days and rode a different trail every day. The shoes on our horses are just about wore to nothing so I'm sure you'd have plenty to ride. 
Atrisk5
Reg. Sep 2015
Posted 2015-10-26 3:01 PM (#165190 - in reply to #62987)

New User

I know this is a old tread but any updates on Broken Arrow Horse Camp? Plan on being there next summer.
aceliberty
Reg. Sep 2011
Posted 2016-06-13 1:39 PM (#167294 - in reply to #165190)

Extreme Veteran

We've camped there twice. It's one of the nicest and cleanest campgrounds one can find. Super place.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)