'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Bison trailers

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2014-11-23 10:59 PM
38 replies, 37611 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Teri
Reg. Sep 2007
Posted 2007-10-12 8:56 PM (#69283 - in reply to #68510)
Subject: RE: Bison trailers

Well, considering all things said...I just bought a Bison yesterday! When I weighed the price, camper-friendly interior, space - I chose the Bison - because for what I need and how much I'll use it, I think I've made a good choice. And from MO to OK, it pulled great. Now I can't wait until Wednesday when we can load up the horses and leave for our first horsey camping trip in our new trailer!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Lynn0202
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2007-10-12 9:03 PM (#69284 - in reply to #69283)

Veteran

Congrats Teri!!! Welcome to the Bison Club.

What model did you get?
Teri
Reg. Sep 2007
Posted 2007-10-12 10:16 PM (#69286 - in reply to #68510)

I got the 10' LQ as well, but a 2 horse. Didn't want to pull too much with my '04 Ford deisel crew cab 250. Plus in order to keep it in my barn (house/barn area), I needed to keep it around the 22 ft length. My old trailer was 18 ft. box.  It pulled great yesterday empty, so I know I'll be okay loaded. Like you, I love the LQ - so much cabinet space! I've already put all my stuff from the old trailer into the new one, and still have empty cabinets! It's a little narrow, but to keep my payments where I wanted them, I didn't want to move into the 8 ft. wide version - wasn't sure I wanted to pull it either, considering my old trailer was a 6 wide. I also went with the higher-end sofa that seemed to be more comfortable and a better look. I am really happy with my trailer!! 
dixie
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2007-10-16 3:32 PM (#69460 - in reply to #68510)

Veteran

Thank you ANP I'm glad I could help
Teri
Reg. Sep 2007
Posted 2007-10-23 7:17 PM (#69871 - in reply to #68510)

Well, took my new Bison out this past weekend for 4 nights in SE Oklahoma. My first impression - FUN!!!!

The only problems I could find were: the awning was really hard to figure out (but I've never had one before either) and a plastic part fell off (my dad had the same problem with their camper trailer), but he was there to help. Second - the screen door latch doesn't quite work like it should. And I had the microwave do something weird, but I'm not sure that wasn't my fault for pushing the wrong buttons too many times. That's what happens when I'm not wearing my reading glasses!

I'll call Bison and get the parts ordered. The bathroom was wonderful! The shower is a great size (bigger than my parents' camper), my son loved the couch sleeper (I got the high-end couch that pulls out like a futon) The frig was great - and so many plug-ins. I was really happy with my new trailer. Thanks Bison!

I only wish now that I would've waited to order the 10ft LQ in 8' wide!!  Oops! 

crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2007-10-23 7:33 PM (#69872 - in reply to #69871)

Expert

The extra foot of width really does make a world of difference as we discovered when we traded our 7'w Platinum for our 8'W. WHat really makes the difference,and,we would have kept the Platinum had it been so,is the height of a trailer.It was about 7'high,and with the dropped ceiling for ducted H/A,it was not tall enough when you were in the bunk.You could not sit up.

Did you buy your Bison in Cuba,MO? by any chance?

N2ridin
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2007-10-23 10:37 PM (#69881 - in reply to #68510)

Elite Veteran

Congrats!  I'm on my second Bison LQ, only this one has a different floor plan.  Not sure if I like this plan better than the other or not.  We leave in the morning for a 5 day trip.  I'll know then!
Teri
Reg. Sep 2007
Posted 2007-10-25 8:25 AM (#69955 - in reply to #68510)

Yes, I bought it from Jim's Motors in Cuba, MO. I worked with Wayne at first, then Jerry, Jim's brother. No reason - he just picked up the phone. Both were very helpful. And just to say...I had also worked with DHMco and had the same trailer - two horse 10 ft LQ - picked out for a great price, and I spent alot of their time asking questions about size, glide-outs, LQ options, etc. (Thanks Todd!) But I had promised my husband I'd sell my old trailer first, and the one I wanted sold before I could close the deal. As luck would have it, two days later I sold my trailer. So I started looking again online, and found the same trailer (different couch color) at Jim's.

The other reason I went with Jim's was the distance - only 6-7 hours from OKC. Alabama is about 12 hours. And since I had several big riding weekends coming up, I was too impatient to wait for one to be ordered. And Jim himself (like Don at DHM) helped me close the deal. Great customer service from everyone we had contact with, including the guys who welded my 2nd saddle rack higher. We were in the door and back on the road within 2 hours.

I had a wonderful experience with Jim's, and recommend both for anyone else looking.

Reg. Dec 1899
Posted 2007-10-25 4:14 PM (#69998 - in reply to #69955)

Miss Teri, Todd and I both thank you very much for the nice compliments, and the opportunity to have earned your business! I'm sorry the trailer sold before we could, but I know the folks personally at Jim's, and know you are in very good hands! They are top notch. If we can ever be of service to you just let us know! Thanks, DON SMITH, OWNER, DHMCO
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2007-10-25 10:50 PM (#70013 - in reply to #69955)

Expert

We bought our Exiss from Jim's and I just can't say enough about how nice they all are,from John who delivered it to us,to Jim who arranged our financing,to Scott who has helped with any issue we have had (and they've all been minor ones).They are all a class act there.
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2007-10-25 11:04 PM (#70014 - in reply to #69955)

Expert

PS think I saw it on their website,nice!
Teri
Reg. Sep 2007
Posted 2007-10-27 9:04 AM (#70065 - in reply to #68510)

I meant every word Don. You guys spent alot of time on the phone and online with me, answering dumb blonde questions (oops...guess you know what color my hair is now!) and I learned alot from those answers. I appreciate that.

Again, I wouldn't hesitate in dealing with DHMco or Jim's for another trailer. They were both top-notch.

marn
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2007-10-30 8:25 PM (#70239 - in reply to #68510)

Regular

We bought a Bison this summer. I ended up driving 5 hours when I could've driven 45mins. Customer sevice means A LOT! I didn't agree with or like the local salesman (thought he was trying to scam me), so I went further and found a better deal on the same basic trailer. We've had our trailer all summer and have enjoyed it very much. Hubby just winterized it this weekend. I printed the directions from a site from this forum. I hope we did everything OK. We haven't had ANY problems with our trailer. My daughter and I figured out the awning on our maiden voyage, and now that I understand it, it goes up (and down) pretty easily. I don't like the way the door and the awning meet, but that's a minor problem. I love the cubbard space, shower and toilet. We had a Keifer with a DIY LQ. We went to the Keifer dealer first. Then I went to this site and looked at the Bison locally. It fit our budget and LQ needs. We upgraded from a 2 horse to a 3 horse- and love the extra space for storage and supplies. Happy Trails!
Crosswins
Reg. Nov 2014
Posted 2014-11-23 10:59 PM (#161740 - in reply to #68740)

New User

Hi, Why can't you hitch an Alumnasport to a half ton truck? Just curious as I'm looking at one right now and I have a half ton Chevy.
Thanks,
Lori
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World