'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
EZ Connector, why did I wait so long?

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-05-05 1:22 PM
32 replies, 10837 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

MrTruck
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2009-05-02 2:39 AM (#104325 - in reply to #94802)
Subject: RE: EZ Connector, why did I wait so long?

Elite Veteran

We'll have the adaptors for EZ-Connector in my booth at the Western States Horse Expo next month, check them out. Hopefully we'll have some new prototypes for a hay lift, trailer jack and something new from Down Under.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
ridingarocky
Reg. Aug 2008
Posted 2009-05-04 1:15 PM (#104425 - in reply to #94802)

Elite Veteran

I'm just curious Chadsalt, why whenever there is a difference of opinion, you seem to be in the middle of it?   Reading your postings is often like watching a tennis game...(or maybe a cockfight?)

BTW, I now use dialectic (sp?) grease on my one itty bitty trailer that used to seem to spit plugs out in mid-tow, even if I'd double-checked it before taking off.  I've had no problems to speak of since..

just my opinion.

chadsalt
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2009-05-04 1:42 PM (#104431 - in reply to #104425)

Expert

Originally written by ridingarocky on 2009-05-04 1:15 PM

I'm just curious Chadsalt, why whenever there is a difference of opinion, you seem to be in the middle of it?   Reading your postings is often like watching a tennis game...(or maybe a cockfight?)

BTW, I now use dialectic (sp?) grease on my one itty bitty trailer that used to seem to spit plugs out in mid-tow, even if I'd double-checked it before taking off.  I've had no problems to speak of since..

just my opinion.

Why?  I don't know, don't really care.  Never really thought about it, maybe I'm just an unpleasant person?  Maybe I have a habit of knowing what I'm talking about?  Maybe if I used little smiley faces people wouldn't get so upset at my posts?  Discussion is how people learn, I see you've now learned that dielectric grease is a good idea for a traditional connector.

I do know this is the second time you've brought this up.......what I would like to know is why did you click on a thread I started? 

hogtownboss
Reg. Sep 2008
Posted 2009-05-04 4:30 PM (#104444 - in reply to #94802)

Expert

I just clicked on it to see the word vomit you are putting out!18
Tresvolte
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2009-05-04 4:48 PM (#104446 - in reply to #94802)

Hate to tell you this...but you aren't any doing anything different when you call him out on it. Sounds like both of you have a bone to pick with Chad. 

We all have our own opinions, and what works for us does not necessarily work for the next person. The way that we believe is right, is the way that we believe everyone should do it. He started the thread and posted his opinion on the EZ Connector. Then someone posted their altering opinion. That is what makes the board as good as it is. Keep that in mind when you ask a question that you want several different answers on so that you can figure out what works best for you.

ridingarocky
Reg. Aug 2008
Posted 2009-05-05 12:31 PM (#104484 - in reply to #94802)

Elite Veteran

I read nearly all postings for their educational benefit, regardless of who posts it, whether it pertains to my needs or not.. I have learned alot from these pages...

However, I DO feel that there is a way for two or more posters to disagree without heat; without aspersions cast on their intellect or expertise.. I make no comments on anyone's knowledge base..... most people whose posts I read on here seem to get along.

Again, just my opinion.

Edited by ridingarocky 2009-05-05 12:35 PM
MrTruck
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2009-05-05 12:49 PM (#104487 - in reply to #94802)

Elite Veteran

Certainly true, It's a big forum and an unbelievable amount of usable info here. No one has all the answers, but working together, problems get solved. My biggest worry here is folks not asking questions because they think they'll get attacked or made fun of. Debate is good as long as it doesn't get mean. Think about 10 years of conversation that has gone on here. Think about 911 and Iraq that happened while we talked about it here.
chadsalt
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2009-05-05 1:22 PM (#104492 - in reply to #104484)

Expert

Originally written by ridingarocky on 2009-05-05 12:31 PM

I read nearly all postings for their educational benefit, regardless of who posts it, whether it pertains to my needs or not.. I have learned alot from these pages...

However, I DO feel that there is a way for two or more posters to disagree without heat; without aspersions cast on their intellect or expertise.. I make no comments on anyone's knowledge base..... most people whose posts I read on here seem to get along.

Again, just my opinion.

And you're certainly free to your opinion.  My opinion is there are far too many sensitive people in this world. 

I have repeatedly mentioned there is not intended to be any hostility or "heat" in my posts.  They are merely blunt and to the point, and yet they are frequently interpreted as hostile.  Personally I find it laughable that anyone could even become hostile about something they read on a message board.  I think I will end all my posts with a row of smileys, perhaps that will help with the misinterpreted hostility.

There are rules and moderators on this board, if they so choose they could freeze the thread when they go on too long after the OP has their question answered.  This is common practice on other forums.

And speaking of rules, if I was one of these people who fall in the sensitive category, your complaining of my posting "style" could easily be interpreted by myself as a criticizing of my grammar.  What else could it be?  I've mentioned several times over the years, no hostility is intended.  So if my posts keep coming off as hostile, the only other possibility is I lack the skills to use grammar correctly.  Criticizing someone's grammar is prohibited in the forum rules. 

There are two sides to everything, sometimes three.  For everything someone else does that gripes you, you are undoubtedly doing something that gripes them.

Take note of the smileys below.

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)