'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Aluminum Cleaner/Polish

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-10-04 6:20 PM
7 replies, 14184 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Gone
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2010-05-20 12:09 PM (#120391)
Subject: Aluminum Cleaner/Polish

Elite Veteran

I did a search and Metal Wax came up. Is this the stuff that works well on extruded sides and along the roof line? I use Purple Power on the painted areas and it works well. I used it on the extruded sides and it didn't seem to work very well.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
metalwax
Reg. Jan 2010
Posted 2010-05-21 8:59 AM (#120414 - in reply to #120391)
Subject: RE: Aluminum Cleaner/Polish

Metal Wax is a complete line of products that will clean the extruded aluminum, stainless steel, diamond plate and and clean and polish the painted area's. The cleaner also works well on aluminum floors. These are professional grade, AMS certified products. The cleaner is easily applied with a long handle RV brush and then rinsed. The Top Wax is a wipe on and wipe off product for the painted surfaces and can be used on glass and is especially good for protecting decals. There are no abrasives in these products which allow for them to clean and go into the pores of the surface and leave it polished and protected. The Metal Wax yellow gel will do a great job on black streaks and for badly stained painted surfaces a combination of the HP cleaner and Metal Wax gel will solve a lot of problems. See the last " Black Streak" thread for comments.There are full instructions with the products and we are always available to answer any questions you may have. These products have many uses for your car,boat, motor cycle, wheels, cooper, brass, and even jewelry.Markjmtdistribution.com
MrTruck
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2010-05-21 11:47 AM (#120422 - in reply to #120391)

Elite Veteran

In my booth at Equine Affaire in Ohio last month, Metal Wax was doing demonstrations. Got my diamond deck tool box polished.

We maybe doing demo's at the Western States Horse Expo in Sacramento next month and at Congress. So bring your jewlery, I'll try it on and Mark can polish it for you.

You can ask all those tough polishing questions to Mark and Mike up close and personal, see if you can stump the experts. And watch them polish my trailer. I enjoy that part.

pinkmouse
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2010-05-21 11:52 AM (#120423 - in reply to #120391)

Veteran

I recently purchased a 1992 4 Star.  While kept under cover, the previous owner never polished/acid washed the outside.  I did not realize just how shiny it used to be until I took off one of the old dealer sitckers and there was almost a mirror finish underneath.  Is Metal Wax the type of product I would use, or do I need something more aggressive?
metalwax
Reg. Jan 2010
Posted 2010-05-21 5:45 PM (#120437 - in reply to #120391)

The High Performance cleaner can be used as aggressive as you want it to be. It is easily controlled by proper dilution rates with water. It is a high grade floride cleaner that has a slower flash point than muratic acid so you are able to control it better.  You also do not have to worry about getting it on painted surfaces as it will clean and prepare the paint for the Top Wax. If you are looking for a new like finish then the Metal Wax gel is applied after the cleaner has dried. That will involve hand buffing or you can use an electric buffer so you may want to only try the cleaner and leave it at that.
eventer80
Reg. Jun 2010
Posted 2010-06-10 12:16 PM (#121033 - in reply to #120391)

New User

I just purchased my first aluminum trailer. It is red. How do I clean the red aluminum?Thanks,Amy
metalwax
Reg. Jan 2010
Posted 2010-06-10 6:31 PM (#121047 - in reply to #120391)

If the bottom and top rails are not painted and if they are oxidized then the HP cleaner can help brighten them and will clean your painted surface in preparation for the Top Wax polish. This recommendation is only if you want to protect your red paint from the elements with a high quality wax which is easy to apply and wipe off. Otherwise using a good RV wash or car wash soap and water will work fine but I would apply some type of wax regardless.There are many suggestions on these forums that you may want to research. Feel free to e-mail me with any questions you may have.
joecam75
Reg. Oct 2010
Posted 2010-10-04 6:20 PM (#125463 - in reply to #120414)

New User

If your still looking for a great cleaner. Others are now using AlumaBrite and Alumatron. They are sold by a boat cleaning company. www.cleanmydirtyboat.com
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)