Worlds largest online database of horse trailer ads

Horse Trailers, 4 Star, A Winchester, Adam, Alexis, All American, Alray, Alum-Line, American, American Spirit, Arndt, Baker, Balanced Ride, Bales, Barrett, Bee, Belore, Big Valley, Bison, Bloomer, Blue Ribbon, Blue Ridge, Boeckmann, Bonanza, Boss, Brenderup, Bruton, BS, C&B, C&C, C&S, Calico, Campbell, Carry On, Cato, C-Bar-C, Chaparral, Charmac, Cherokee, Cimarron, Circle C, Circle D, Circle J, Circle M, Supreme Circle S, Circle W, Classic, CM, Co-Hann, Collin, Arndt Colt, Coose, Corn Pro, Cotner, CM, Custom-fab, Delta, Delco, Dex, Diamond, Dixie Star, Donohue, Double D, Double R, Dream Coach, Easley, East Tennessee, Eby, Eclipse, Elite, Equest, EquiSpirit, Exiss, Express Line, Fab-Tech, Fautras, Featherlite, Frontier, Gooseneck, Gore, GR, Grand Prix, Hale, Hanover, Hart, Hartman, Hawk, Hazelton, Head to Head, Heartland, Hillsboro, Hi-Tech, Homemade, Homesteader, Hoock, Hoosier, Horton, Hughes, Imperator, Integrity, Jackson, Jamco, JD Sutherland, K & K, Kiefer, Kingston, Lakota, Lazy-N, Legend, Linville, Lite Line , LKLD, Logan, Longneck, Maverick, McQuerry, Merhow, Merritt, Miley, Miniature, Monarch, Morgan Built, Moritz, Mustang, Neckover, Northern Lites, Olympian, Open Range, Pace, Pace-Setter, Pegasus, Phillips, Phoenix, Pioneer, Platinum, Ponderosa, Pony Express, Pro Stock, Pro-Lite, Ranch King, Reyes, Rice, Roadrunner, Royal T, S&H, S&S, Duraline, Shadow, Shelby, Shetron, Shoop, Showman, Sidekick, Silver Star, Silverado, SilverLite, Snake River, Soft Touch, Sooner, Southern Classic, Southwind, Starlite, Sterling, Sterling Bullet, Sterling Coach, Stidham Stock, Stoll, Sundowner, Texas Trailers, Thuro-Built, Titan, Towlite, Trac, Tracer, Trail Magic, Trail Rider, Trailers USA, Trail-et, Trailman, Trailmobile, Trails West, Travalong, Travelite, Travelute, Trigg, Triton, Tru Trac, Tru Trailer, Turnbow, Twi-Lite, Twister, Tyler, Valley, Wand, Weber, WilRo, Wilson, Winchester Star, World Wrangler, WW, Wyatt, Wylee, Xpress
 Come on in 1606  Folks on-line
forums albums search
register logon control panel colour schemes
You are currently browsing as a guest.
You should logon to access more features

OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 

Trailer Talk
        Message format        Current location        Moderators        Thread information  

General Discussion
Trailer Talk
horse trailer repo auctions
 MrTruck, txdad, windy Last Activity 2014-09-20 12:35 PM
10 replies, 7595 viewings

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

back reply
Navigate threads:
< Previous Thread :: Next Thread >
Printer friendly version

^ Top
turbodog13

User Profile

Subject : horse trailer repo auctions
Posted : 2012-07-10 4:20 PM
Post #145506

Hay, I am a new member & am looking for a horse trailer repo auction for dealers only in the south east area. can anyone help me please. Thanks
^ Top
bigfoot

Regular

User Profile

Subject : RE: horse trailer repo auctions
Posted : 2012-07-16 9:39 PM
Post #145633 - In reply to #145506

Probably only a dealer would know, and I doubt they are willing to share. Sorry your first post fell on deaf ears.
^ Top
Kay

Extreme Veteran

User Profile

Posted : 2012-07-17 12:26 PM
Post #145644 - In reply to #145506

I think you got no answer because no one knew of an auction that dealt specifically with repossessed horse trailers.  In this area (midwest) repossessed horse trailers show up at auto auctions, consigned by financial institutions and banks.  You must have a dealer's license to buy at these auctions.   The banks often have such a high reserve on them that they sit at the auctions for a while.  We are now experiencing the fallout from those trailer loans 8 or 10 years ago that had terms of 15 to 25 years.  When the trailer is repossessed, the balance due is more than the trailer is worth.

Manufacturers who are saddled with trailers repossessed when dealer floor plans fail usually try to get these trailers, which are new but with a little age, on an operating dealer's lot in the hope of moving them.

^ Top
Spin Doctor

Extreme Veteran

User Profile

Posted : 2012-07-17 2:53 PM
Post #145649 - In reply to #145506

Unfortunately, my company has ended repoing a few. We generally take them back to the orginal dealer and they sell them for us. Or list them on a "web site" auction company. Don't know of any trailer repo auctions.

^ Top
turbodog13

User Profile

Posted : 2012-07-17 2:59 PM
Post #145650 - In reply to #145506

I am a used car dealer in Fl. & am having a hard time finding an auction that sells them & the Horse trailer dealers that claim to be selling Repos are asking high prices & when I offer my dealer license & re-sale cert I am pritty much told that I have to pay the asking price. When I call the manifactures thay tell me to call their dealers...so I seem to just be going in circles....
^ Top
cutter99

Extreme Veteran

User Profile

Posted : 2012-07-17 8:49 PM
Post #145660 - In reply to #145506

What about contacting the finance companies themselves, since they are actually the ones doing the repos? I would try contacting all the larger companies who offer trailer financing and see what they have to say.
^ Top
horsey1

Extreme Veteran

User Profile

Posted : 2012-07-18 1:11 PM
Post #145677 - In reply to #145506

I think you'll find there just aren't that many horse trailer repos out there. Most of what you've seen advertised as repos the past few years were actually new trailers, that the floorplan company picked up when a dealer closed. So they are repos, just not in the traditional sense.

Retail finance repos generally run through the regular auctions. Last one I saw had 150+ RVs, 200 boats, 250 cars, but only 2 horse trailers.

There were some that went through a Ritchie Bros auction in TN last summer. As 5 year old trailers, some of them brought more that day than brand new trailers exactly like them 50 miles away at a dealership. Go figure.... 

^ Top
Duckman

Veteran

User Profile

Posted : 2012-07-18 1:45 PM
Post #145679 - In reply to #145506

side note: I've heard about some dealers buying damaged trailers from auctions/insurance companies, fixing them up and then not telling the next buyers exactly the "car fax" on them. Some of these dealers have been sued and are no longer in business. I think you take a huge risk, as a dealer, to try to pass off "green tagged/recondition titles" to customers. A personal use trailer may be fine, but there's a reason they are sold at auction as the manufacturers would charge too much to repair them back to SAFE condition.
^ Top
turbodog13

User Profile

Posted : 2012-07-18 2:06 PM
Post #145680 - In reply to #145506

thanks everyone, I was looking for myself. I have decided to keep my Exiss & convert it. I love the trailer & can't replace it. People have offered me 1/2 what it's worth in scrap. I don't get it...it's like new...if I was going to sell it that cheap I would just scrap it. It's in "like new" condition, got it new, have it waxed every year, keep it under cover, I just take good care of it, I was planning on keeping it forever. I just love it too much... I just wish it were a 4 horse.  I guess I'll just put some $$$$$ into converting it into a weekender, I don't need a shower or potty...everywhere I go has showers & all that, just need electric, fridge., & cabanets. All that I can do at a fraction of the cost of a living quarters, was just wanting a little bigger. I have another trailer so if we need to move more then 3 we can always take 2 trucks & trailers.

Thanks again for everyones help & comments.

^ Top
Duckman

Veteran

User Profile

Posted : 2012-07-18 7:38 PM
Post #145685 - In reply to #145506

WOW, can't believe you've been offered less than $5,000 for your trailer. Seems to me it should be worth in the $10-12,000 dollar range? (3H Exiss, without seeing it)
^ Top
turbodog13

User Profile

Posted : 2012-07-23 4:16 PM
Post #145768 - In reply to #145506

I had it up for $8000, I think its worth more, just a dressing room in front & rear tack, custom graphics. I do love this trailer tho.

was trying to post a pic, but I can't figure out how...

[Edited by turbodog13 on 2012-07-23 4:17 PM]

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
back reply
Navigate threads:
< Previous Thread :: Next Thread >

Legend    Action      Jump to a forum        Notification  
Administrator
Forum Moderator
Unregistered User
E-Mail this thread to a friend

Toggle e-mail notification