'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Awning for 2000 Sooner Royal 3 horse

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2014-08-04 11:30 AM
3 replies, 3622 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

coley
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2014-08-01 3:02 PM (#160223)
Subject: Awning for 2000 Sooner Royal 3 horse

Recently purchased used LQ Trailer and need to replace the factory installed 10'A/E Awning.  I had an A/E 2 step awning on my previous trailer which I loved.  I understand the 2 step is discontinued.  Would anyone have a lead on where I could purchase this complete?  Someone has to have this in stock. We need 16' and the roof rail.  Additonally,  were we would attach the side arm mount towards the rear door would be an area over the wheel well.  I have 60" clearance.  How can I be certain I have enough room?  I've check with some on line companies and have not had luck with them being able to measure needed arm height clearance for the arms that pull out.  What I would love is to speak with a stocking dealer.  Thanks in advance for any leads. 

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hogtownboss
Reg. Sep 2008
Posted 2014-08-02 10:50 PM (#160236 - in reply to #160223)
Subject: RE: Awning for 2000 Sooner Royal 3 horse

Expert

Originally written by coley on 2014-08-01 3:02 PM

Recently purchased used LQ Trailer and need to replace the factory installed 10'A/E Awning.  I had an A/E 2 step awning on my previous trailer which I loved.  I understand the 2 step is discontinued.  Would anyone have a lead on where I could purchase this complete?  Someone has to have this in stock. We need 16' and the roof rail.  Additonally,  were we would attach the side arm mount towards the rear door would be an area over the wheel well.  I have 60" clearance.  How can I be certain I have enough room?  I've check with some on line companies and have not had luck with them being able to measure needed arm height clearance for the arms that pull out.  What I would love is to speak with a stocking dealer.  Thanks in advance for any leads. 

Campingworld.com has most of these awnings in stock or can be ordered and shipped within 3 to 5 days.The 2 step awning has not be discontinued as of 2 weeks ago when I was in there store. I had our arms replaced on our standard awning and they way trying to get me to upgrade to a 2 step or power awning, but I like the old style since we have so much wind around here. With wind the 2 step and power units are pretty much worthless.They quoted me a 17' power awning with all parts, hardware and completely installed for $1400.00.
coley
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2014-08-04 4:25 AM (#160254 - in reply to #160223)

Thank you for this info, I will call them today! I guess I just talked to the wrong person - their is one in Virginia I think - worth the trip.
Shipshe Sue
Reg. Apr 2012
Posted 2014-08-04 11:30 AM (#160257 - in reply to #160223)

I've had 2-steps awnings on my last 2 trailers and loved them.  They have a knee-flex action which allow them to take more wind than the standard 8500 awning and have a feature that allows the awning to tilt at one end so rainwater runs off, then it rises back up.  See info below from A&E awnings (if I can get it to attach):

Two Step Patio Awning

Fast and Easy Manual Awning

The name says it all: simply unlock and lower, and enjoyment of the outdoors with the A&E Systems Two-Step awning begins. It is a manual awning, yet it has many of the same features as our prestigious WeatherPro Power awning.

Two-Step’s patented Knee Action Design™ allows it to flex in moderate wind to prevent damage. In addition, its unique spring arm mechanism automatically releases accumulating rainwater. This prevents the fabric from stretching and prevents damage to the roller tube.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)