'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Classic trailer company still in business?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2014-09-28 12:48 PM
5 replies, 11685 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

tech22
Reg. Feb 2011
Posted 2014-09-19 1:07 PM (#160838)
Subject: Classic trailer company still in business?

New User

Having trouble finding information on the company that builds the Classic Monarch 2 horse/Classic Westerner trailers.

The Monarchs have the top half(usually midway back area) of the trailer in a naturally dull/not shiny aluminum, with a painted bottom half. This aluminum is often different than the wrap around the top front area, which is often very shiny.

The Westerner often has quite alot of this naturally dull looking aluminum on it.

Looking for information on how to safely clean this naturally dull/aluminum and also deal with any streaking.

If someone has company contact info, that would be appreciated!

Here's a picture of a monarch:
http://shelburne-vermont.olx.com/3-horse-trailer-best-deal-2007-mon...

Here's a picture of a westerner:
http://www.horsetrailerworld.com/home/trailerdetail.asp?ID=704636
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
PaulChristenson
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2014-09-20 12:21 PM (#160842 - in reply to #160838)
Subject: RE: Classic trailer company still in business?

Expert

They are out of business...were located in Wilder, IdahoHere is a story about someone who has no warranty now... http://www.dangeroustrailers.org/Quality_Trailer_Sales.html
jackbrat
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2014-09-23 5:04 PM (#160898 - in reply to #160838)

Elite Veteran

wow- I have a classic gooseneck and have had no problems with it such as this at all. I use mine all the time and haul two heavy horses. I bought mine new and have had it 8 years now. I love mine. Just want a bigger one. I did have heavier axles put on though. 6000 lb, 8 lug wheels too. Mine is a two horse slant load gooseneck.I have a friend that bought her Trails West brand new and she had this same exact problem with her gooseneck. Hers is only a two horse but with a LQ.
tech22
Reg. Feb 2011
Posted 2014-09-24 12:22 PM (#160906 - in reply to #160838)

New User

Paul, thank you for the time and for the information!
horsey22girl
Reg. Aug 2014
Posted 2014-09-28 8:05 AM (#160951 - in reply to #160906)

New User

Any trailer place that services aluminum trailers can clean this with an acid power wash.
Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2014-09-28 12:48 PM (#160952 - in reply to #160838)

Expert

I had a Classic Monarch 3H GN that I bought new in 2000 and I used it for 6 years. It was a great trailer and I put a lot of miles on it. A lot of miles on BLM and Forest Service dirt roads that are hard on equipment. I thought my trailer held up exceptional well.

It is true the warranty is only as good as the company behind it. And most horse trailer companies are small business type of companies. When the economy turned south, many of these small businesses disappeared or were bought up and asorbed into larger organization. It's a shame that it left customers with no warranty. I know the one time I called Classic about a small warranty need on my trailer, They were very prompt at getting me what I needed. So while they were in business, I thought they hornored their warranty very well.

The beauty of most horse trailers is that most parts are pretty much interchangeable. Lights, wiring, axles and hitches are all made by suppliers and bought by the trailer manufacture, So they are pretty easy to source replacements. The structure of the trailer is welded steel or aluminum and while it is particular to each manufacture. it's pretty straight forward to work on. Any trained welder should be able to repair broken welds As long as the trailer was designed correctly to start with and not under engineered.

As far as cleaning your trailer. Most shops that offer full exterior cleaning of trailers should know how to clean it. Classic did not use some magical material. They used the same materials that many horse trailer manufactures were using. Aluminum frame and sheets of either mill run or painted aluminum.

[IMG]http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p259/Painted-Horse/Truck-Trailer.jpg[/IMG]
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)