'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Ceiling insulation

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2015-12-31 11:09 AM
4 replies, 4389 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

shags
Reg. Jul 2009
Posted 2015-04-27 6:16 AM (#163272)
Subject: Ceiling insulation

Regular

Is there a simple way to insulate the ceiling of my dressing room? Aluminum, with 'studs' that protrude about an inch; there is a vent in the center of the ceiling. My problem is that there are many odd angles - only one small straight shot in the whole thing. I used foamboard for the walls and it was easy going, but being short and geometrically challenged, that ceiling intimidates me. Would foiled bubble wrap between the studs work, so I could trim as it goes up? Just adhere foam panels to the studs instead of fitting them between studs? Is there cutting-angles-for -dummies guide available anywhere? We overnight a few weekends in the spring and fall, so retaining some heat and avoiding much condensation is all that's necessary. TIA
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
postlewaitee
Reg. Jul 2014
Posted 2015-04-27 7:01 AM (#163273 - in reply to #163272)
Subject: RE: Ceiling insulation

Veteran

I would recommend using the foam, the extra effort will be worth it in the long run in my opinion.

When I insulated the dressing room ceiling in my old trailer i held up the piece of foam and cut along the inside of the studs. You can measure how long and wide you need the piece and then just shave the odd edges when you go to put the foam in.

Good luck with your project :)
skippyvcu
Reg. May 2006
Posted 2015-04-27 3:04 PM (#163281 - in reply to #163272)

Regular

I used foam board and the silver tape used on duct work. You can cut the foam board close and then keep trimming to get it exact or tape it up with the silver tape if you miss the fit a little. Always cut the large pieces first. Then if you miss to much you can use that piece for a smaller area.
shags
Reg. Jul 2009
Posted 2015-04-29 4:40 AM (#163291 - in reply to #163272)

Regular

It took about 2 hours to finish up, and wasn't as difficult as I anticipated. I got one piece backwards, but had plenty of foamboard left to correct; a few areas were cut short but easily fixed with scraps and foil tape. Up next, the paneling.. . Scarier, because no fudge factor there
djvree
Reg. Dec 2015
Posted 2015-12-31 11:09 AM (#165705 - in reply to #163272)

New User

Did you use anything to affix the foam board to either the walls or the ceiling? I'm putting insulation in the tack room of my Titan...Thanks!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)