'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Safety escape windows in LQ

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2015-06-20 3:20 PM
2 replies, 3741 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Dunoir1
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2015-06-12 7:34 AM (#163758)
Subject: Safety escape windows in LQ

My new to me (2014) Sundowner LQ Horizon trailer has safety escape windows in the GN.  I hate them...  They don't slide or crank open, they have some catches that take time to open and then they just push out a little bit.  To open or close them you have to be in the GN and it's not a fast process.  

I understand why they are required, but does anyone know if you can change them out and not void your warranty?  I've also had the sliders and they were fine, but I'd like to hear from people that have the crank out jalocie style.  Waht are the pros and cons. 

I want better air flow into the GN as it's rare to have electric and I'd rather not have to run the generator all the time.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
TS351
Reg. Apr 2014
Posted 2015-06-12 11:08 AM (#163762 - in reply to #163758)
Subject: RE: Safety escape windows in LQ

Regular

We had jalousie windows in our old Sundowner and ordered them in our new Lakota. We prefer them over the slides as you can leave them open when raining as long as the wind isn't blowing crazy hard. And when we are out riding don't have to worry if a shower comes up. Also most places we camp are primitive so can't run generator all nite for AC, so it's nice to be able to leave windows in goose open turn on fantastic fan in bathroom and it pulls air in through the goose and gives nice little breeze.
randemtam
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2015-06-20 3:20 PM (#163820 - in reply to #163758)
Subject: RE: Safety escape windows in LQ

Extreme Veteran

In our old LQ trailer we had safety windows with and inset of jalousie windows. I loved them. I wish we had them in our Lakota for the same reason mentioned about rain. I do find I can leave my push out safety window open though and it pretty much does the same thing as the jalousies did. Ours is not hard to open but either way, you still have to get up there to open them. Perhaps you can find these in a size that will fit your current window opening and simply replace it.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)