'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Shadow Trailers

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2015-11-12 6:27 PM
30 replies, 11689 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

lvignerot
Reg. Oct 2015
Posted 2015-11-05 10:44 AM (#165298 - in reply to #165158)
Subject: RE: Shadow Trailers

what about lakota's? Are they any good? I see a lot of them out there but didnt get a chance to look at them at Congress...Lisa
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
TS351
Reg. Apr 2014
Posted 2015-11-05 7:59 PM (#165308 - in reply to #165158)

Regular

We got a 2014 Lakota Charger 8311 3 horse LQ w/slide in Nov. last year and Love it. We had a few issues in the beginning but AJ in customer service was great to deal with and took care of everything promptly.Even threw in a few extras for our trouble. In my opinion trailer is very well built, interior is very nice and they will build it pretty much any way you want it.It is very sturdy and pulls much better than our 2002 Sundowner 3 horse LG ever did.Some trips the trailer was loaded with 12 bales of hay,feed,tack,food,water,horses,etc. and it pulled great. We were "dry" camping ( no hook ups) from April to end of Oct. almost every weekend with some week-long trips all over MA,VT,RI,NY,NH,and PA on highways ,dirt roads,mountains, fields,campgrounds with no problems and loved the room and performance of the trailer. Four couples we ride all the time with bought Lakota's around the same time and all love them as well. We would definitely buy another but don't think we will need to for along time.
huntseat
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2015-11-09 6:42 PM (#165328 - in reply to #165158)

Expert

Sundowners always pulled like they had flat tires IMO. A dealer that I had great dealings with, but ultimately went another direction, was Dixie horse and mule. They carry Lakota and a wide range of used LQ trailers. I purchased a custom ordered Elite trailer from a local dealer but it's w/o LQ's and I spent more than I planned but got exactly what I wanted. I would say Featherlite's pre-2007, Bloomer (some years have major problems), Platinum coach, Cimmaron (built like a tank), Hart (never seen a bad one), Elite (never changed to a cheaper structure unlike the one with the number in it's name), 4-star (now makes a runabout model but IMO it's not the same structure that made the brand name what it is), Integrity (toured the factory and was impressed, not sure if they are still in biz), Stidham (if you can even find one), Siverlite (now closed), C&C (builds them right), Turnbow (rarely for sale but grab one if you can.) I've toured most of the factories in OK and can say that there are differences in every brand and even more in the LQ companies, so find what you like and make a list of needs and wants and start having fun shopping because this is the time of year that great deals can be had!
RyanLloyd
Reg. Jun 2015
Posted 2015-11-12 1:00 PM (#165367 - in reply to #165158)

New User

Hi Lvignort,

My name is Ryan Lloyd and I am a Lakota, Adam, and Platinum Coach dealer based out of Delaware. For the needs you described the Lakota Charger C29 with a slide out would be a good option and should come in very close to your budget. If you would be interested in a quote let me know our email is Delwoodtrailersales@hotmail.com.

Thanks, Ryan
njhorseluvr
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2015-11-12 2:03 PM (#165370 - in reply to #165158)

I can't help but to reply to the comment by Huntseat. Many people on here believe what you say to be pretty accurate as you have made it to the level of expert. While giving an opinion of trailers you pointed out that some companies have started making a less expensive trailer pointing out one of the major manufacturers, this is a true statement as many companies have done this to reach a price point trailer that is affordable to more people. You also stated that Elite has never done this. That is actually not true Elite has the "Mustang" horse trailer, "Colt" living quarter and "Remuda" stock combo as their budget line trailers. Please do not get me wrong I am in no way saying Elite is not a top quality trailer, I am just pointing out that the manufacturers are changing their lines to meet the needs of todays buyers. These are not the only two companies offering production model trailers most of the major brands are doing this. These companies still offer their custom trailers for those who want the slightly stronger trailers.
huntseat
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2015-11-12 6:27 PM (#165374 - in reply to #165158)

Expert

I would have to agree with everything you've stated above with the exception of the cheaper trailers built by Elite. Everyone has a price point and I respect that more than you will ever know, I am a former school teacher that ironed clothing at night after cleaning houses to pay for tires and horse feed. I also feel that even the more cost conscious lines of Elite trailers would stand toe to toe with all but a few brands. FWIW, the post count makes the rank of the poster not the content of those posts. I however, will take any credit offered and be thankful.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)