'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Do I really need an oven or will convection do?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2015-11-13 2:19 PM
4 replies, 3850 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Gaited Gurl
Reg. Nov 2012
Posted 2015-11-11 1:09 PM (#165345)
Subject: Do I really need an oven or will convection do?

We may be ordering a new Lakota trailer. The floor plan I want includes an oven and a microwave/convection. I really would prefer the drawer space if the the microwave/convection will do most things I want. I have never used a convection before. Can I still heat up my coffee water.....defrost frozen items in a convection/microwave? The picture on the oven even shows croissants being cooked in it. Would like to hear thought from you that have used them.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
cajunmuleman
Reg. Oct 2011
Posted 2015-11-11 3:37 PM (#165346 - in reply to #165345)
Subject: RE: Do I really need an oven or will convection do?

Elite Veteran

We have a convection oven and like it a lot. We enjoy it so much we got rid of the microwave at home and replaced it with a convection oven. We do biscuits, warm up plate lunches, and any thing else that we would normally us the oven for. I would tell you to save the space and get the convection oven
huntseat
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2015-11-11 7:46 PM (#165350 - in reply to #165345)

Expert

I have all three in my house and you should know what each can do...I have ovens that are convection, a microwave and a speed oven. A convection oven moves the air while cooking to aide in heat transfer, due to this action baking is better and roasting is worse. Most commercial bakery ovens are convection for speed and even cooking of the entire batch. A microwave is just that and robs food of it's vitamins but it's handy, mine only heats water. The speed oven, my yet to amaze me or make me a believer oven. The speed oven is both a convection only oven, a microwave or both, but unlike a convection oven/microwave combo it can be used in both modes during the same cooking cycle. Only speed ovens have this mode and they run about $1,800 so most people will never see one. The convection/microwave will do most everything you need during a camping trip and more. I will tell you what most manufactures won't about these type of units, the more you use the microwave the shorter the life of the unit. For some unknown reason these hybrid units (including speed ovens) have this same flaw. Using them as an oven does not seem to age them the same way, only the microwave usage is a factor. Now I will say that my last microwave (Kitchenaid) only lasted 2 years and then died, the new GE one seems to like me better. One of my Kitchenaid dishwashers also died so we are replacing each one as they die with GE's. Bottom line is to pick something that will do the things you need and is easy to figure out what buttons to push.
Trails02
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2015-11-12 1:33 PM (#165369 - in reply to #165345)

Regular

Love my convection/microwave. The convection oven in the trailer does a better job on biscuits than the oven in the house! The only drawback is I have to make everything fit on a 12 inch round pan as that is all that will fit. Pizza pans are great.And it is a microwave too! Good luck!
Gaited Gurl
Reg. Nov 2012
Posted 2015-11-13 2:19 PM (#165379 - in reply to #165346)

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply...that is what I wanted to hear!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)